Sunday, January 29, 2012

Valentines

I love Valentines. For years I've wanted to buy those darling mail envelopes that seem to never go on sale and sale out every year from Pottery Barn Kids. Let's face it, $20 x 3 kids is a little out my budget right now for home decor. So when I saw this darling idea from the crafting chicks, I was sold! The instructions are with the link and she is much more detail oriented than me. Three things I learned. Scalloped scissors do not cut felt well, so I used large white ric rac which I think I like more. Second, use 6 strands of embroidery floss on the stitching, it looks better. I did three at first, and didn't like it as well. Third, don't cut the ric rac, just twist it and keep it one long strand. I still have to stitch mine and the hubs, but the kids LOVE them, and they turned out great for about $3.00 a piece.

I also competed this darling wreath...instructions here (cost=$6.00)


and this tile (cost=$4.50)...instructions here

Thank you crafty minds for making these adorable crafts so easy and fun to do!

2 comments:

  1. I love all those. I especially love the wreath. I can't wait to see it on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! I want to be you, can I? Thanks again for the birthday gift. You are the best! I love it.

    ReplyDelete